Be Part Of Our Leadership Team
Join the Lenawee College Access Network
The Lenawee College Access Network Leadership Team assists with the overall mission of LCAN and supports each of the volunteer Action Teams that work to develop this program.
As LCAN Team Members we:
- Build a college-going culture within Lenawee County.
- Lower systematic barriers preventing students from pursuing college and post-secondary education, while preparing them to succeed.
- Deliver a comprehensive and coordinated set of college access services to students, particularly those who come from low-income families or who are first in their families to pursue post-secondary education.
- Ensure the alignment of current college access resources, while identifying and securing new resources to best serve the community.
Our Leadership Team
Dr. Kelly Coffin
Adrian Public Schools
Lenawee Department of Health & Human Services
Types of LCAN Teams
For businesses or organizations that want to help students.
Provides support for college applicants through collaborative strategies.
Helps in the planning of financial aid, resolve barriers & evaluations.
Align, establish & share practices of existing mentoring & education.
- MCAN Begins Training of College Advisers for AdviseMI July 18, 2016Innovative program kicks off second year of training sessions to prepare advisers July 18, 2106 – LANSING, Mich. – Michigan College Access Networks kicked off training last week for 49 college advisers through the AdviseMI program. This innovative program is in its second year. Once trained, they’ll work with 62 high schools across the state […]
- Michigan education leaders determine next steps to improve college attainment June 29, 2016“Reaching for Opportunity Regional Briefing” to push for education beyond high school June 29, 2016 – LANSING, Mich.— Last year,leaders from education, business, and government came together to release a report dubbed “Reaching for Opportunity: An Action Plan to Increase Michigan’s Postsecondary Credential Attainment” for Michigan residents to achieve the necessary education and training beyond […]
- MCAN Welcomes New AdviseMI Program Coordinator June 16, 2016AdviseMI expands program to help students get into college June 16 – LANSING, Mich. — Michigan College Access Network (MCAN) announced today that Joshua Kennedy will join the Community Investment Department as the new program coordinator for AdviseMI, which places recent college graduates into Michigan high schools to help students apply to and prepare for […]
- New Innovative Program Grant Available for College Access and Success Programs June 6, 2016Grants of up to $10,000 to direct service programs for innovative work will support the Big Goal June 6 – LANSING, Mich. — Applications are now available for Innovative Program Grants aimed at benefiting programs that support increasing college readiness, enrollment and completion throughout Michigan. The grants are being offered by the Michigan College Access […]