Be Part Of Our Post-Secondary & Retention Team
Join the Lenawee College Access Network
The Lenawee College Access Network Post-Secondary and Retention Team Members finds ways to build, align and share to establish new connections.
As LCAN Post-Secondary and Retention Team Members we:
- Align and share best practices of existing mentoring programs for first generation students who participate in post-secondary opportunities.
- Establish ways to have a more targeted population. We do this for example by focusing on the first generation, under represented populations to “connect” to organizations and/or activities at their chosen post-secondary institution.
Our Affordability Team
Stacey Gamel & Phoenix Duncan
Types of LCAN Teams
- MCAN encourages Congress to take quick action on DACA September 8, 2017
Sept. 7, 2017 – LANSING, Mich. – The following statement can be attributed to Brandy Johnson, executive director and Sharlonda Buckman, board chair of the Michigan College Access Network (MCAN) in response to this week’s announcement regarding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program: "Every Michigander has a unique ancestry and past, one that is […]
- 70 Michigan high schools to kick off school year with college advisers August 29, 2017
Third year of AdviseMI helping more low-income and first-generation students get into college Aug. 28, 2017 – LANSING, Mich. – 56 college advisers from across the state will start the school year serving 70 Michigan high schools. This is the third year of the AdviseMI program and the specially trained advisers will help more students make […]
- MCAN applauds Congress for passing Forever GI Bill for college aid August 16, 2017
Aug. 15, 2017 – LANSING, Mich. –The following can be attributed to Brandy Johnson, executive director, Michigan College Access Network (MCAN) in response to legislation providing college aid to military veterans: "Providing college aid to our veterans recognizes the sacrifices of our brave men and women. We applaud Congress for passing the “Forever GI Bill” […]
- AdviseMI Starts Training of 56 College Advisers July 13, 2017
Recent grads placed in schools to help students pursue postsecondary education July 12, 2017 – LANSING, Mich. – The AdviseMI program will begin training this week for new college advisers. Once trained, the advisers will work in 70 high schools across the state to serve as postsecondary education advisers, with a special focus on schools […]